Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happiness is how I manage my mind.

This is a story I heard a long time ago during a speech by Dr. wane dyer; it is one of my favorites.

There was a 92-year old lady who had just lost her husband of 70 years. She needed to move to a local nursing home. She got up early on the day she was going to move and dressed up appropriately
for the occasion. Even though she was legally blind, she carefully put some make-up on her face.
“This is a good day.” she told herself in silence.

In the hallway of the nursing home, she patiently waited her turn. Finally a female employee came to take her to her room. In the elevator, the attendant told her how nice her room is. She listened and said:” wow, that's wonderful. I love it.” The much younger woman noticed the nonagenarian's enthusiasm, and told her with a smile :”i know that you will be happy when you actually see it. “ the old lady responded:”Oh, happiness is something you decide on beforehand. It's not from how the furniture is arranged. Happiness is how I manage my mind.”

When you change the way you look at the things, and the things you look at change.
Share

No comments: